Graduated - Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Kent State University
Experienced Accounting Manager with a demonstrated history of working in industry accounting. Skilled in budgeting, Sage ERP X3, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Business Intelligence reporting, software design, account reconciliation, month end close, team-building, and continual improvement processes.
Kent State University
• Acquired and demonstrated professional and subject matter expertise.
• Prepared tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and individuals
• Completed monthly bank reconciliations and cash flow statements
• Prepared month end journal entries and financial statements, including income statement and balance sheet
• Processed payroll and payroll tax filings
• Managed network, software updates, the transition to paperless, new website and customer portal, and implementation of offsite backup
• Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts
• Generated company-wide financial statements and facilitated month-end account closing procedures
• Ensured compliance with GAAP in all processes
• Processed sales and use tax returns for more than 15 states
• Processed payroll for more than 200 employees and maintained general ledger setup in Paychex and Ultipro systems for journal entries
• Calculated HSA and 401k match for each payroll and associated journal entries
• Responsible for daily banking activities, cash reporting, and projections, as well as recommendations to management on transfers and payments
• Reconciled balance sheet accounts
• Designed, built, and implemented an AP System for approval tracking, internal controls, and paperless filing which improved efficiency by more than 50%
• Shortened month-end close process through report automation, improved reconciliation processes, and better research methods
• Supervised accounts receivables clerks, a team of three
• Through a continual improvement initiative was able to improve the daily billings process by 400% and while reducing the time for daily reports to management and sales
• Proposed and published metrics and KPIs for the department that was incorporated into the monthly financials
• Reviewed collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances
• Approved new customer accounts after reviewing credit worthiness via credit application, credit report, and references
• Designed, built, and implemented web-based dashboards for all aspects of accounting and reporting
• Created and analyzed reports for all facets of accounting including AR, AP, Standard Costs, Inventory Cost Variances, Work-Orders, Inventory Reserve, Sales, Budget Variance, Vendor Cost Increases, and processes
• Assisted management with the preparation of monthly and yearly budgets, directly responsible for the payroll and tax aspects across all departments and sites
• Analyzed and researched reporting issues to improve accounting operations procedures
University of Dayton
Enoch worked as an Accounting Manager within my group at LJ Smith... He was a key member of the team, demonstrating a deep understanding of general ledger accounting, A/R, collections, and A/P. The most impressive aspect of Enoch’s work was his constant desire to look for process improvements to drive efficiencies within his team. He utilized his tremendous systems/IT talent to develop advanced tools to improve the credit/collections and accounts payables processes... Enoch is a talented accounting professional and he gets my full, unqualified recommendation. - Joe Morris former CFO at LJ Smith
As treasurer I was responsible for all aspects of cash management.
As treasurer I am responsible for all aspects of cash management.